You can rely on us to keep you informed about the latest industry trends and best practices. Following are the updates we wanted to bring to your attention today.
Content writing—Bring more artistry into the content you create whether it’s in the form of blog posts, videos, or podcast episodes; don’t just focus on strategy, technical skills, and analytics. Also, make sure you balance writing with editing as both are important for high-quality content.
Shape your content by going through the following steps:
- Read widely to spark great ideas
- Sound out your content
- Wait a day and take a final look before publishing
- Make content more compelling with comparisons, quotes, and interesting data
- Add a few (not many) details to accentuate
- Revise and cut out unnecessary words without losing meaning
- Hone your writing every day (source: Copyblogger)
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for YouTube—You already know that you need to post engaging, fun, and interesting videos to YouTube, but to be successful on YouTube, you need to make sure that you optimize your content.
Increase visibility and rankings for your videos with the following SEO tactics:
- Perform keyword research on YouTube as well as Ubersuggest and Google Trends tools
- Track your YouTube search rankings
- Publish videos on a regular schedule
- Create and post high-quality, long-form videos (at least five minutes long)
- Create playlists based on your keyword research
- Optimize before publishing videos because the first 48 hours are crucial to YouTube rankings
- Spruce up old videos: punchy titles, expanded descriptions, links (to your website, social channels, other videos, etc.), tags (single keywords as well as phrases), attractive thumbnails, accurate transcripts, foreign-language translations, and effective calls to action
- Review your metrics on YouTube analytics as well as Google Analytics, especially subscriber conversion (source: Search Engine Land)
Social media reach—Are you satisfied with the number of fans/followers you have and the interactions you have with them or would you like to improve? Upgrade your brand’s presence on social media with the following tactics:
- Tell the story behind your brand or campaign
- Use high-quality images
- Be consistent
- Include video (and live videos, too)
- Create a feeling of community
- Test social media ads
- Retarget your website visitors
- On Facebook: use live video and post in Facebook groups
- On Instagram: comment strategically on others’ posts, like post comments, tell your brand story in Instagram Stories and Live Stories, and follow hashtags
- On Twitter: create and stream live videos, use up the increased character count (maximum 280 characters), and participate in Twitter chats
- Last but not least, experiment with new platform features to see if they improve your social media presence (source: Social Media Today)
We’re interested in your views and encourage you to respond, make suggestions, or even disagree. Please note that we moderate comments and exterminate spam.